ADVERC Document Packs
Adverc Education Pack
Batteries & Accessories
DC-DC Voltage Converters
Low Voltage Protection
Mains Battery Chargers
Sleeper Cab Solution (SCS)
BP Solar 3 Series
The 3 series is an advanced photovoltaic module that incorporates polycrystalline cells using SiN coating to give superior efficiency compared with same rated modules from other manufacturers. All the solar panels have "ARC" glass, an anti-reflective coating with self-cleaning properties so that under normal conditions panels do not require cleaning. The modules are robustly constructed using bp's clear anodised universal frame and are offered with a warranty that will give you confidence in your system for many years ahead.
The 3 series modules have a 12v nominal output and are primarily designed for battery charging applications such as off-grid homes, telecommunications & telemetry sites, navigation equipment, motorhomes & caravans, sailboats and other sites where low power is needed. Solar panels can be connected in parallel to increase power and are modular allowing the user the flexibility to build up a system over a period of time in line with budgets and power requirements.
- 90% power output warranty over 12 years
- 80% power output warranty over 25 years
- 5 year warranty - free from defects in materials and workmanship
- clear universal frame is manufactured from clear anodised aluminium alloy type 6063t6.
- silver in colour.
- temperature cycling range of -40°c to +85°c for 200 cycles
- damp heat tested to withstand 85°c and 85% relative humidity for 1000 hours
- front and rear static load tested eg wind, to 2400 pa
- front load tested eg snow, to 5400 pa
- hailstone impact tested to 25mm hail at 23m/s from 1m distance
- rugged and weatherproof construction - the cells are laminated between sheets of ethylene vinyl acetate (eva) and 3mm tempered glass with a blue tedlar rear
- the tempered glass is highly transmissive and self cleaning from rainfall
- 36 cell panels are configured in a 4 x 9 matrix, each 2 rows of 9 are connected in series with a schottky by-pass diode to produce 2 x 6v strings.
- these 2 x 6v strings are connected in series to produce a standard 12v nominal output pane
- 72 cell panels are configured in a 4 x 18 matrix, 2 parallel strings of 36 produce a standard 12v nominal output
- easy to connect
- an ip54 weather rated junction box at the rear of each panel provides a 6 terminal screw connection block.
- the terminals accept 2.5-10mm² (8-14awg) cable.
- the junction box has knock outs to accept pg13.5, m20, 13mm conduit or cable fittings accepting 6-12mm diameter cable.
- all bp solar modules are labelled with individual performance figures
- each solar module is supplied with a grounding screw, instruction sheet and warranty document